How To Upgrade Your Level
Have you run enough races to have earned a Level Upgrade?
Congratulations on your race finishes, however your work is not quite finished.
In order to maintain the integrity of the club, in April of 2018 we have implemented a review board of fellow Maniac volunteers that review each and every one of your races to ensure it meets the criteria.
You may be asking why we implemented this? Unfortunately we’ve had many members that were taking advantage of the “honor system” process we had in place for many years.
In order for the new review process to work correctly, we need to set a few guidelines
- Add as much detail to your race entry as possible! Our board looks up every race result in that race's website, Athlinks, Marathon Guide, etc. Adding your bib number, city and state of the race, and age group will help expedite the process. Failure to add certain info can delay or even in some cases prevent your update from happening.
- You MUST add your finish time when filling in your races. Failure to add finish times will prevent our system from recognizing the race as being "Completed"
- Please set your Preferences to “Calculate from my marathons” Detailed instructions are listed below.
- Make sure that all race dates are accurate. The algorithm of the database for level upgrades is all based on frequency of the races you’ve run. Put in a wrong date and you could either be up for a level you haven’t earned / not receive the level you’ve earned.
- Familiarize yourself with the HF rules regarding a common start line and required starters. A race that separates a marathon into 2 half marathons, example Mississippi Delta Double, does not meet the "common start" criteria for the second race and won't count towards an upgrade.
Please DO NOT:
- Add multiple races on the same date, unless you actually have completed them!
- Add your upcoming races to your race list on the current date! We have removed the option of adding races on a date that occurs in the future to prevent this from happening, but some have used the current date and listed multiple upcoming races in order to have a snap shot of that list. Our database recognizes this as all completed races and notifies us for a review. Our database allows you to track upcoming events by adding your name to the calendar of any race you plan to run. Then, under the members tab, you can go to “My upcoming events” and there they all are. So again, please don’t use your “My Races” for a placeholder for future events.
If there are issues with your race list while reviewing, our board will contact you via email, so please ensure your email address on your “My personal info” page is accurate.
This is what you need to do to ensure we receive your upgrade info:
- You must be logged into the website. Your dues must be current in order to login.
- Go to the "Members" heading on the home page.
- Choose "My Preferences" from the drop down menu.
- Once on the My Preferences page, make sure that you have selected the "Calculate From My Marathons" on the 3rd option "Level".
Now you will need to ensure you have added all your races to your "My Races" page, which can also be found under the "Members" heading.
The database has been programmed to upgrade levels based on the criteria, so please ensure all dates are correct in order to be placed in the appropriate level.
**All Level Upgrades will be sent to the Review Board to ensure that it meets the race criteria of the club. Upgrades will be verified and updated on your member profile within 48 hours of entering your qualifying races.**